Sunday, January 27, 2013

A month without blogging....

It has been a whole month since the last blog post and I do apologize but there are just not enough hours in the day.

As all of you know I started teaching on January 7 and that has been nothing but an adventure.  I love my babies but wow have we been busy getting into a routine.  I feel I am a little more structured than the other teacher and I have changed a lot but the students are adjusting and last friday I feel like we finally turned a corner. I am exhausted when I get home but have had something almost every night that is wedding related.  This is going to be a very busy next few months.

Since I was staring my job I wanted to get as much done for the wedding as possible therefore Christmas break was consumed with any appointment I could make for wedding purposes. Although I got a ton done over the break I still have a lot to do these next few weeks. If i'm absent from the blog I'm sorry I will try my best to blog at least once a week to keep everyone updated but for now here is a little rundown on what has been going on.

1. The invitations are out. Andrew and I mailed them out on Thursday so everyone should start getting them anytime. The invitations were a total mess and have been the worst part of this whole wedding experience.  Everything was going great until I went to pick them up Christmas Eve Day and when I got them home they did  not fit in the envelope that THEY told me to order. I had a mini panic attack and they assured me that everything would work out and they would take care of it just to run them back up after christmas.  The day after christmas I was up there working things out and it felt like everything was going to be fine....they took full responsibility and just chalked it up to a mistake. THEN when my Dad went to pick them up they wouldn't give them to him unless he payed for them AGAIN....for something that wasn't our fault. Needless to say I am very disappointed in their costumer service and I will not be using them for anything in the future.  It is really upsetting when you use a family friend and this is what happens.

2. Food is finalized for the rehearsal dinner and the reception. Now just waiting for the RSVP's to come in so I can give him final numbers.

3. Our showers have started and they have been amazing. Andrew and I feel so incredibly blessed and are loving getting all the packages.

4. My wedding dress is MINE! It is finally finished being altered and I can't believe how beautiful it looks. I love it even more then when I bought it. I can't wait to ware it and let everyone see it.

5. We finally decided on how i'm going to ware my hair for the wedding. Everyone can sleep at night  now. As my MOH would say it was worse picking the hairstyle than it was picking he dress.

6. The tuxes are picked now everyone just needs to get measured!

7. All the wedding party gifts are ordered and we are just waiting for them to be shipped.

There are still a lot of little things to do but it is coming together. Next week is full of appointments from picking out rings, ordering favors, floral appointments and much more.  I hope everyone has a great week and I promise to be better.

xoxo
the engaged couple

No comments:

Post a Comment