Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day Fun (Mississippi State Game)

The Halbrook's had the best labor day ever! Andrew and I have been looking forward to his cousins coming in for months now and the weekend didn't disappoint! Everyone (minus Mary Margaret) got in Friday night.  Andrew headed downtown to go out with the boys while I stayed in The Woodlands to take care of Lilly.  

The boys had a very good time to say the least. They went to a restaurant called Prohibition and it looked awesome.  The atmosphere and all the drinks are from the time period and they do a show while you eat.  Andrew was actually called on stage for a competition but I will save all of my readers eye by not posting the video of him.  All I have to say is I had to run to the bathroom after watching it I laughed so hard.

Anyhoo...I got up Saturday morning and headed down to the hotel.  Mary Margaret flew in and we actually pulled up at the exact same time so it was perfect timing.  The boys were moving pretty slow but after everyone got ready we headed down to the stadium.



Everyone wad decked out in their maroon! Outfit #2 was a huge hit and I fit right in with the Mississippi State crowd. 


This was my first time to reliant stadium and I was very impressed. It's is like a mall and football stadium combined!  I just want to talk about the food for a moment....I mean one of my favorite things about football season is the stadium food, specifically the chili cheese nachos and Reliant had 3 different places to get a different variety of nachos.  I WAS IN NACHO HEAVEN! Andrew and I finally settled on the BBQ nachos and they were delicious. 

I also loved that reliant was a dome! It was so nice to watch football in the air conditioning.





Everyone loved that they sold beer during the game! The people sitting behind us really loved that they sold beer. Durning the first quarter they spilled their entire cup down the back of my seat. Needless to say it was all over my shirt, in my hair and in my purse.  It wasn't ideal but we laughed and moved on...Welcome to football season Right?


Uncle Jimmy loved that they sold ice cream too!


When we were walking into the stadium Andrew was very excited about the CowBell. It is a tradition at Mississippi State and I had never been around it so I was pretty excited too! I have never been to an SEC school game beside LSU so I thought it would be fun to see the SEC from a different perspective.

That excitement was short lived.


COWBELLS ARE TERRIBLE!! They are so very loud and give you a pounding headache. Andrew and I were not fans of the cowbells at all! When Jesse's broke during the 2nd quarter I wanted to jump up and down and yell thank you God!


The game didn't end the way we wanted but we still had fun! Thank you Aunt Tina and Uncle Jimmy for including us in your Houston plans! It was great to get to spend time with yall and we can't wait to see yall again at Thanksgiving!

Sunday we woke up and headed back to The Woodlands. We ate lunch then went swimming at Aunt Harriett and Uncle Steve's and since it was over a 100 degrees here it felt so nice to take a dip in the pool!  After swimming we went to dinner at Grotto's for 3 hours! It never occurred to me that it was Sunday and they closed early; we ended up leaving dinner around 10 when they closed at 9...opps. It was so much fun eating and laughing together though that I really didn't care that much (we made his tip worth staying).

Monday the boys played golf while the girls shopped then we had to say our goodbyes.  It was so hard to watch them drive anyway and know we might not see them again for two whole months.

All weekend Andrew and Jesse kept saying "This is the best day of my life" and it really felt that way while they were in town. Tuesday was a harsh wake-up call to reality when we all had to returned back to work.  Jesse texted us on Tuesday and said it best, " It's amazing how much the last few days were awesome and now today, just 24 hours later absolutely sucks."

This weekend was my first weekend to really spend time with his cousins and their wives, out of the delta, just the six of us and I left the weekend feeling overwhelmingly blessed. I am so lucky to have gained six new cousins and cant wait for more weekends like the one we just had. Andrew and I feel the same way Jesse...not being together sucks. 

P.S. Price and Laurel were with us too but we didn't take one picture as a whole group...sorry guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment