Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

Today was our first valentine’s day as an engaged couple. We kept it pretty laid back and low key because we knew all the restaurants in Ruston was going to be swamped today. Andrew went to the store today while I was babysitting and picked up some steaks and asparagus to throw on the grill. It was DELCIOUS but you can tell that Andrew purchased the meat due to its large size, just call us Fred and Wilma Flinstone. I made some pasta and a marsala wine sauce for the steak for my contribution and we ate some valentine candy from my students for dessert. Here’s a picture of our yummy dinner….everyone should be very jealous!

To some couples this might have not been their ideal night but for us it was perfect. We decided not to do gifts this year, even though Andrew broke the rules and bought me flowers, and just enjoy each other’s company.  We both agree that Valentine’s day can be kinda overrated at times and Andrew said something that made me smile, he said “I like Valentine’s day but I think it silly to have a holiday where you tell everyone you love them…Shouldn’t you do that every day?” We should tell all our loved ones how much they mean to us every day but we don’t; we get busy or sidetracked and time flies by. Valentine’s Day can be over rated but it’s a great time to take a minute and tell all our loved ones just how much they mean to us.  I wanted to end this post with our happy little family….and say HAPPY VALENTINES FROM THE ENAGED COUPLE!

We love all our family and friends and thanks for reading our blog.  We hope everyone had a terffic Valentine’s Day that was full of love. xoxo

1 comment: