Thursday, February 9, 2012

We're having a wedding!

          Well, Andrew and I have some very exciting news…WE SET THE DATE. We will be getting married in Ruston, Louisiana on March 23, 2013.  We will be having the ceremony at The Bridge Northside (Christ Community) and have some ideas of where we want to have the reception but have not made any final decisions.
            I was supposed to babysit today and ended up not being needed therefore Andrew and I took the opportunity to run some errands. We went to lunch with his mom for her birthday (she turned the big 50 on Sunday) then he went to apply for some summer internships. We went to pick up a shower present for Reece and Jodie’s shower this weekend and it really got us in the wedding spirit. We have been talking about a wedding date ever since we got engaged and even a little before but knew we needed to check with the church first.  On the way home we were passing Christ Community and decided to turn in and check to see if anyone was in the office and lucky for us there was. We walked in and told them that we were newly engaged and wanted to reserve the church for the wedding day. They asked what date we were looking at and when we said March 23 they looked at us like we were crazy. Andrew then finished the date with 2013 and everyone was relieved. Lucky for us the date was available! They said they don’t even have a 2013 calendar yet but when they get one I will be the first date added! I am so excited and it has really made it a reality that WE ARE GETTING MARRIED! I wanted to end the post with some pictures of our church because it is so beautiful! I couldn't find a good picture of the front so I will take one on Sunday and post it next week.

I love the exposed beams!

I love this lighting this is how Andrew and I want the church lit the night of the wedding with lots of candles! Notice the stone wall and large cross...sooo pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment