Sunday, March 4, 2012

Friendships

Well today Andrew left for Rome and it really stinks. I already miss him but I guess that’s a good. I spent the day lying around, doing laundry and watching TV shows that Andrew hates.  My best friend at school, Jessica, got me hooked on One Tree Hill and Andrew hates it.  I started from season one about a month ago and have wanted 106 episodes. There are 174 in the whole series so far and I hope to be completely caught up by the time Andrew gets back. It’s a silly goal but it’s nice to relax and watch something that I know he despises.
Tonight Jessica came over so we could catch up. She is someone that could never be replaced. We became friend’s freshman year but became best friends somewhere during sophomore year. She is a friend that I know I will have for the rest of my life because she knows how to be a friend. She puts in the extra effort and I know she really cares. The problem is she has this new stinky job that takes up ALL of her time! I’m so happy for her because she is getting great experience for when she becomes a big time CPA but it makes me hate tax seasons almost as much as I hate session since my Nanny is a lobbyist and that job keeps her pretty busy too. Anyway, with her new job it leaves me looking forward to Monday night bachelor even more and any other time we get to spend together because I really miss her.  We haven’t had the opportunity to sit down and talk since I got engaged and tonight she came over to cheer me up and talk wedding. It was so much fun and I loved getting to share everything we have planned so far and give her the inside scoop.  It was great just to be us.

I know this is a random post that many might think has nothing to do with wedding planning but to me it has everything do to with the wedding. Tonight reminded me how much friends mean to a relationship.  I feel that many couple get engaged or married and seclude themselves from the peers because they are so excited and in love.  Andrew and I have always been pretty good when it comes to keeping our friends and I feel this doesn’t mean we love each other less, but to me we love each other more; ee know how important the friendships are and we encourage each other to cultivate our friendships.  So although I miss Andrew tonight I filled the void of missing Jessica- SO TO YOU JFRANKS…I LOVE YOU AND THANKS FOR COMING OVER.

 P.S. Andrew if you are reading you better not have to much fun without me

 xoxo
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment