Saturday, March 3, 2012

Venues...Check

Hi everyone! It has been very busy in Ruston the past week. We finished up the quarter on Tuesday thank goodness! I made out with a 4.0 and Andrew got a 3.0 and we were both pretty excited to just be finished. I can’t believe this will be my last quarter at tech and will be graduating in May.  Andrew leaves for Rome tomorrow and I’m so sad that I can’t go with him.  We’re not used to being apart for a week and especially when we can’t really talk so it should be interesting; I see lots of girl time in my future and hopefully a good present when he gets back (hint hint Andrew).
Anyway, Andrew and I got a lot of wedding planning done this week. We had a lot of appointments and got to check a lot of things off our list. We had already been by the church to reserve our date but had not met with the wedding planner or asked one of the pastors to be our officiant so on Tuesday we went by and paid the deposit on the church and talked to Mr.  Len Woods. He agreed to marry us which we were both very excited about. He is good friends with Andrews parents and reminds me of my Uncle Steve who I love very much! We also paid for the Norton Building which is where the reception will be held and I got all the information from Mr. Andy about the old historic fire station which is where we will hold the rehearsal dinner. So we can check Venues off the to-do list.
Now that we have our venues I am having photographer tunnel vision. My biggest fear is that I will hate the pictures and wedding pictures aren’t something you can really do over again therefore I have looked though TONS of photographers websites and only 5 have made the cut for emails. One photographer emailed me back and was rude, rude, rude; why are people rude in the first place it doesn’t get them anywhere. Amanda, my best friend from home, told me I should just blow them off since they were rude in the first email but I wanted to give them a chance so still asked for a pricing list. When they responded with a price that was 4,000 dollars over my favorite/dream photographer I crossed them right off the list. We met with two different photographers that we both really liked last week. I feel that they would both take great pictures of our day but just need time to think about it, meet with the other two people we like and then come to a decision. Why do their have to be so many talented photographers in my area, I wish there was only one person to choose from.  After We pick a photographer I’m sure I’ll move on to something else but right now I just have photographer in the brain they are one of the most important elements to a great weeding right?!

Well that’s what has been going on over here in Ruston.
Xoxo
The Engaged Couple

No comments:

Post a Comment