Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Out of all these books you don't like one....

Andrew, my Mom, and I have been very productive in the wedding planning the last few weeks. We have gotten to cross a lot of thins of the wedding to-do list which feels great but the best part is we have been having a blast!  To me planning a wedding is so much fun and I am love almost every minute.

Yesterday, I had to go to Shreveport to go to the doctor and while I was there Mom and I went to look for invitations.  After getting engaged mom suggest we looked at City Printing in Shreveport first because she knew the Norwoods (my Poppy and Granny used to go to lunch every Friday with the Norwoods). One thing Andrew and I have really tried to do is go local and use only vendors we know and the invitations are no different.  

When you walk into City Printing they have a whole room designated just for Wedding Invitations. They have a TON of books and all kinds of invitations but I had a very distinct style that I knew I wanted.  For those of you that know me well know I can be pretty picky especially if I have something in my mind that I know I want. In my first bridal magazine my Cousins and Aunt Harriett gave me I found THE invitations. They were Vera Wang therefore way out of my budget but I loved them.  I have been carrying that picture around with me since that day and knew I wanted to find something as similar as possible. After looking through every book and not finding anything I was crazy about mom inquired about how much it would be to have custom designed invitations.  I thought she was crazy because I was sure it was going to cost an arm and a leg but surprisingly they were very affordable and under budget! We will go back in September to sit down a lay everything out and place the order. 

I am so excited to get to design my own innovations and know they will be exactly what I was looking for.  I believe the invitations really set the mood and tone for the whole event and can't wait to make mine perfect!

Thanks mom for all your patience and helping me look at hundreds of invites just to decide none of them looked like me.  I love you and Andrew loves you even more because he didn't have to look at all the invitation books.  We are lucky to have you.

Today we are getting to meet with our caterer and register at The Townsend house (my own little utopia).  Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday and I will be back tomorrow with an update on our adventures. 

xoxo,
The engaged couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment