Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Own Utopia

I was so looking forward yesterday and it did not disappointed! Andrew and I got to meet with Mr. John, out caterer and hash out some details on food which was a blast and I will blog about in a later post but what I was really looking forward to was registering at the Townsend House!!!
The Townsend House is the cutest old house, turned gift shop in Ruston. Some people don't understand what I see in this little shop but I don't understand what it not to love: it has everything you would ever need to make a stylish kitchen/home, it is about as southern as you can get, and the staff is FABULOUS!  I feel in love with this little shop my freshman year. It was the fall and Andrew and I had just gotten together when he took me by the Townsend House.  Every year the whole front, back, and side yard turn into a pumpkin patch and it  is just the cutest thing EVER!  It has become a tradition between Andrew and I to go pick out a pumpkin at the patch and carve it every year.

The day I got engaged I actually went to the Townsend House to help one of my friend's Susan register.  It was no secret that Andrew and I were talking about marriage and when Mrs. Kim asked if it was coming anytime soon I responded with, "No it is way to early we have at least four more months." Little did I know that I was getting engaged that evening!  

As soon as I got engaged I knew that one of the highlights was going to be finally getting to register at my own little slice of heave, The Townsend House.  I have been registering in my mind for months and went through a phase where I went into the store about once a week to drag out all my dishes, glasses, napkins, etc. just to make sure I was still in love.  I love the fact that I could make a huge mess, that I usually cleaned up and no one got mad.  

Yesterday, was when I got to stop registering in my mind and finally write everything down and make it official!  We registered for all my "bones" as Mrs. Kim would say and IT WAS SO FUN!!!!   She really made the experience unforgettable and I am so grateful.  

Towards the end of the appointment I started to get really sad because I didn't want to be finished but the best part is I get to go back in September and add more Tech Stuff and Mrs. Kim suggested before showers I come add a few more things that are in store at the time...so the fun isn't over, it is just beginning!



Here a picture of me with a lot of my things. Can't wait to have everyone over and serve dinner!

If you want to take a look at the Townsend House website click here a take a peak at everything they have!

Happy Hump Day!

xoxo,
the engaged couple


No comments:

Post a Comment