Monday, April 16, 2012

Houston Trip

          I am finally getting around to posting about my trip to Houston. I think it was one of the funniest and exciting times I’ve had since I started planning the wedding.  After getting engaged I knew I wanted to go stay at my Aunt Harriett’s house and try on dress at Brick House Bridal. Amanda, one of my matrons of honors got her wedding dress there when she got married in 2005.  And my other matron of honor, Rachel got some of her accessories there. I remember going with Amanda and what a fun experience it was therefore I knew it was something I wanted to do.  After looking through magazines and pulling dresses I liked I found one commonality – they were all carried at Brick House which reaffirmed my feeling that it was a MUST in the search for the dress.  
We planned a weekend that would work for everyone and off we went.  It was a house full of girls: Amanda Lawless, Rachel, Amanda Brown, Aunt Harriett, Aunt Pauline, Granny, Mom, and Me. I knew that this was the weekend I wanted to ask “the girls” and Amanda to be in the wedding; They are three of the most important women in my life and I can’t imagine my life without them. I was so excited to finally get to spill the beans and not have to keep it a secret anymore so I planned the bridesmaid boxes, put them together, wrapped them, and hid them as soon as we got in before anyone could see them. I knew I would have to give them to everyone that first night or I would explode with excitement; as soon as dinner was over I gave out the boxes, we cried, and everyone said YES!
That night we tried on the bridesmaid dress and talked wedding. Rachel just got married in May so the wedding planning is fresh on her mind! We all tried to go to bed pretty early because the next day was going to be dress trying day but Amanda and I were just too excited and ended up staying up till 2am talking and looking up everything online! The next day we all went to Brick House to try on a TON of dresses.  It was so fun to have everyone there and get all the different opinions! I love these ladies and knew they would be HONEST!!
The weekend flew by and it was so much fun! I'm ready for the summer so we can all go back and lay out by the pool! Love you all!
Xoxo
The engaged couple

No comments:

Post a Comment