Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My momma was here :)

            Wow…What an amazing weekend I had. Number one it was the start of my spring break which was much needed and my Momma came in town. There is something about having your mom in town that just makes you feel better…I don’t know what it is but I love it!! Andrew went down to Baton Rouge to hang out with some friends and ask someone, who will remain anonymous, to be in the wedding therefore we thought it would be the perfect girls weekend!!
            She came in on Saturday and we spent the afternoon walking around downtown Ruston, shopping and relaxing. We had plans to go to 102 Bistro for dinner since they got a new chef but ended up on the patio at Portico, one of our favorite places.  It was such a relaxing day and ended with us piled up in my bed watching a movie.  I felt like I was a little girl again. 

            On Sunday we drove over to Monroe to meet with Megan and Seth, a potential dating photography duo. Andrew and I had meet with them a few weeks ago and Andrew fell instantly in love! They are super sweet and have a great sense of style and personality.  Before we made any commitments I wanted my mom to meet with them and get a feel for their work.  She instantly fell in love and thought they fit Andrew and I perfectly! We had an hour and a half chat that ended with BOOKING OUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAHER!! All that is left to do is sign the contract and pay the deposit and the day is ours! I know they will be a tremendous asset to our wedding and I’m looking so forward to working with them! I know they will do a fab job at capturing every moment and will still love me when I have my bridezilla moments!

            Overall it was a very successful weekend and I wouldn’t have rather spent it with anyone else.  I love having my mom an hour away. She is my best friend and I feel so honored to call her my mom. I hope one day to be half the mom and woman she is!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far. Since I am on spring break my goal is to catch up on all my blog post and get organized. I finally came up with a system that I think will help me stay on top of everything better!

xoxo
the engaged couple

No comments:

Post a Comment