Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The wedding dress is in!


This post is long over due. The wedding planning is in full swing and we have been getting a lot of things done these past few weeks.  I have been working on save the dates and getting things checked off my list! But about a month ago I got a VERY exciting email...

MY WEDDING DRESS WAS IN! 

I was so excited to go pick it up and try it on again but I couldn’t exactly just run over a since it was all the way in Houston. Andrew and I were planning on going to stay with Aunt Harriett and Uncle Steve for the Houston-Tech game so I decided I would just pick it up then.  

Mom and I left on Friday and had the best day. The trip went by so quickly and when we got in we spent the day laying by the pool and catching up. We got to eat at my favorite mexican restaurant, Guadalajara for dinner and my cousin and her husband surprised us!  Everyone got in the pool when we got home but not for long because Saturday was going to be a long, exciting day. At 9:30 on Saturday, September 8, 2012 I got to put on MY wedding dress for the first time; no clips, the right size, and one that had never been tried on by anyone else.  It was an eventful appointment because there was a little hic-up but everything worked out and I am really happy with the end result. 

After picking up my dress we started looking for Mom’s dress and found some possibilities.   Im going to keep all the dress details a secret until we pick out "the one" then I will give everyone a little sneak peak. I know she is going to look so beautiful and can’t wait to keep looking and find her the perfect dress.

While we were shopping Andrew and my Uncle Steve went to the Tech game and had a blast. My Uncle Steve graduated from Louisiana Tech with an engineering degree but never really went to the football games therefore Andrew was so excited to share this experience with him.  I am so glad that they  had fun but now we really want them to come to a home game to get the full experience. We won the game 56-49 which rounded out a great weekend. Look how cute they look in their matching shirts!!

We had such a great weekend in Houston and I am so blessed to have such an amazing family. I can’t believe my dress is really here and hanging in my closet and I’m ready to show everyone! It’s going to be a long 186 days but who’s counting.


Here is the dress in the big, pink bag. Andrew was so nervous about seeing it he didn't even want to carry the bag to the car on sunday when we were packing the car to leave.  I love that he wants it to be a surprise! 

Happy Tuesday everyone,  lot of love from Rusvegas.
Xoxo, 
the engaged couple

No comments:

Post a Comment