Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Monday Funday

The weekend was so fun and it was even better knowing that Monday was going to be just as exciting. I have been waiting to take engagement pictures for what seems like the day we got engaged! I have spent hours looking though pinterst for ideas of poses and outfits and exchanged a zillion emails with my precious photographers and it was so exciting that the day was finally here.

I woke up and spent the day getting a facial, massage, and manicure; it's rough being beautiful haha. Then I started the process of getting ready. I am ready knew exactly what I was wearing thanks to the best bridesmaid in the world Jessica Franks therefore it was all about getting my hair and makeup done perfectly. 

Let me start this next little paragraph by sayings I love my fiancé dearly but my goodness can he drive me crazy. It started on Sunday when I was talking to him about what he was thinking about wearing and what I thought would look good with the outfits I choose.. Every item of clothing that we discussed was dirty at his apartment. I mean hello ladies what is it with boys; did he not realize that we were taking pictures I less than 24 hours and wearing a dirty shirt may not be the best idea. Thankful we realized that every item was dirty so we could spend Sunday doing 200 loads of laundry...yay! Then on Monday I asked Andrew to pick up his khakis and Lilly a new black leash. Andrew is so sweet and ran by his apartment and to get the leash but when he walked in my house, khakis in hand, they were balled up under his armpit!!!!!! We are less then an hour away from picture time and there are more wrinkles in his khakis then I have ever seen. No problem let me just iron these real quick granted I have never ironed a pair of pants in my life (thanks Aunt Harriett for making me buy an iron and ironing board less than a month ago, it really came in handy)!! While Andrew was in the shower I finished ironing and got the leash out if the box. Let me just say this, it was the longest leash I have ever seen in my entire life; it was 20ft long Lilly wouldn't even be in the shot if we kept it at its original length! When Andrew got out of the shower and i asked him about it he said, "loom we can just do it like this" with about 10ft of leash balled up in his hand, "this doesn't look good?" At this point I had to just sit down and laugh. It's never a dull moment with Andrew around that's for sure!!

We finally got everything situated and headed to the shoot! I was so excited to see our photographers and finally get started. We started downtown at the old train depot because it has Ruston painted on the side. While we were taking pictures a train came by and was right behind us. They said in the pictures the train will be moving and we will be still which I think will be awesome! It was so cool that we just so happened to be there and could scramble around like a bunch of idiots to get the shoot. After we left the train depot we took some just around downtown and in the norton building. Our second location was on tech campus. This location was really important to Andrew and I since we met at school and our relationship really grew here. Our last stop was the peach orchard...we missed the sunset but still got some awesome shots. In a few month Megan and Seth are going to come back over to capture our subset picture...yay yay yay! 

The evening was spent laughing and joking around; It was such a fun experience and Andrew and I were really able to be ourselves. I am so grateful we found such great photographers that we not only click with but also take such great pictures.

I wanted to give a huge thanks to Emily, one of my bridesmaids. She came with us to the shoot to take care of Lilly when she was not in the pictures with us. She was a huge help and I don't know what we would have dive without you! I loved getting to share engagements with you and thanks fir being there to help whenever I need you. 

I'm going to end this post with a few goofy pics of our lovely photographers and I promise to share the sneak peak pictures with you as soon as I get them. I am also going to do a post later on the outfits I wore and why they work in pictures ( I did lots of research on the topic because if a picture didn't turn out I was determined it wouldn't e from the outfits).


We love you both!!


Happy hump day
Xoxo, 
The engaged couple




3 comments: