Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Weekend recap

Please excuse the length of this post; this weekend was very eventful!

We have had the most amazing few days!!! It was so busy but oh so fun and I wish I could go back and relive it all over again.

Friday we had the most amazing engagement party in Shreveport. It was at The Brown's house and was hosted by Daddy Jack and Mrs. Pam, Nanny and Uncle Mike, and Aunt Harriett and Uncle Steve. The party was an absolute blast and we had an amazing turn out. The whole wedding party minus a few came  and it was the first opportunity to get everyone together. We have such an amazing group that if no one else has fun at the wedding we know we can count on our family and wedding party to party the night away! You know the party is rocking when the first person to leave is the bartender because his allotted time is up; and the fact that everyone kept partying after he left was absolute perfection,

The party was so much fun but also very surreal for me.. I have so many amazing memories at Amanda's house that I felt like the party shouldn't be for me; the whole night felt like we were leaving from prom any minute haha.

It was so much fun to have everyone that loves and supports us in one place at one time. My dad gave a fab toast and Andrew said some really sweet words as well.  I can't believe this was our first of many fun parties and showers to come and we couldn't have had a better kick off party. Thank you again to our host and hostess and everyone who traveled to celebrate with us.  I said it at the party and I will probably say it a thousand times more, we love you so much, you are such blessings in our lives and you are our favorite people in the world.

The party was a blast but the night was still young when everyone started to leave. Andrew and I, Jon Lee and Andrew's cousins, Price and Jessie were all staying downtown therefore the wedding party headed for the boats. At some point during the night I looked at my watch and realize it was 4 in the morning!!! For those of you who know me well know that I am no night owl. The only people left were me, Andrew, Bria, Stephen (Bria's boyfriend) Jon Lee, Price, and  Jessie.  At this time Bria, Stephen, and I decided to eat at the boats and that club sandwich may  have cost 20 dollars but it was DELICIOUS! The boys decided it would be a good idea to go out downtown and didn't get in till 5:30. You could say we had fun for sure!

Since we were out so late Friday one would think that we would take it easy Saturday but no we had more parties! Last week was boy's rush and Saturday was bid day therefore the partying continued. We ate lunch in Shreveport then drove back to Ruston and straight to the sigma nu house. We stayed at the day party for a few hours then went to dinner with Evan and Claire ( they took care of Lilly Friday night and we love having them as our neighbors)!! After dinner we took a quick nap and got ready for the night party. Evan and Claire decided to have people over too so I knew I wanted to hit up that party as well. Andrew and I went to the sigma nu party together for a while then I left to go to Evan and Claire's. I got home about 1am and Andrew got home about 2:30...we are some party animals haha.

Sunday was a lazy day filled with lots of laundry, watching the Saints loose :(, and movie watching. Jessica came to the rescue and helped me pick outfits for engagement pictures, friends just don't get much better than her that's for sure!

Well I'll cut the post off there because if I start into our engagement shoot this post will never end! I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Tune in tomorrow for the low down on our engagement shoot.

Xoxo
The engaged couple

No comments:

Post a Comment