Wednesday, November 7, 2012

There are how many shades of gold?

I don't know if I was living under a rock or just had my head in the clouds but I did not realize how many shades of gold there are.

I am a gold person in everything- jewelry, dishes, home accessories, and anything else that comes in gold.  I just feel like it is to timeless and classic and will never go out of style.  I know a lot of people disagree with me but that why God made silver too!

When starting to plan the wedding I knew gold would be one of my accent colors...thank goodness Andrew has been dreaming of a gold wedding too haha.  When looking though my first wedding magazine I saw a set of Vera Wang invitations that were printed in all gold and knew...those were my invites. Unfortunately I needed Vera invites on a not so Vera budget.  As I stated in a previous post I am designing my own invites and took a page from Vera's book-- all gold ink.

Little did I know there are a zillion shades of gold.
Do I want.
Amber
Stardust
Metallic Gold
Metallic Gold Leaf
Antique Gold
How to choose???

I called and requested a sample of every gold envelope the company we are using has. All I can say it has been an adventure. Andrew thinks all the golds look the same but I disagree.  We have finally decided on Stardust but now have to take the envelop to the printers so they can match the ink to the envelope.

Who knew it would be so complex...not me!

I hope everyone is having a great week and happy hump day!
xoxo,
the engaged couple

No comments:

Post a Comment