Thursday, November 15, 2012

They changed my life...

Today was a very special day for me. It was the first time I was able to meet my students and see the classroom I have be blessed with.  All the kids were so full of energy and life and I can't wait to start working with them.

Since I have gotten the job and after meeting my students it has really made me think about all the teachers that have worked in my classroom before me and all the lives that have been changed in those four walls. I started really thinking about all of the teachers that changed my life and the specific characteristics each one of them had that made such an impact.  There are 5 teacher's in particular that really stand out and changed my life.

1. Mrs. Adolph- I had Mrs. Adolph in first grade at A.C. Steere and she really made me love school.  I came from a not so warm and fuzzy kindergarten teacher which made Mrs. Adolph seem even sweeter than she was.  She's the teacher who taught me to read and would hug on me no matter what. I remember she used to sing to us everyday.  Mrs. Adolph made me want to be a teacher. I will sing like Mrs. Adolph.

2. Mrs. Ford- I had Mrs. Ford in second grade at A.C. Steere. Here room was always filled with laugher. She had the best laugh in the entire world.  She wore sunglasses when she used the overhead and taught me to love life and enjoy it.  We had so much fun in Mrs. Fords class that I don't even remember learning anything even though I know I did. I will laugh with my students like Mrs. Ford.

3. Mrs. Talbert-  Mrs. Talbert taught me third grade at A.C. Steere and really helped me embrace my inner organizer.  She let me stay in from recess to file papers or help in the classroom. She also read us chapter books everyday...she is the reason I love Junie B. Jones. I will read to my kids like Mrs. Talbert.

4. Springer- Skip a few years and Springer taught me sophomore english at Byrd. She taught me to love to read. Until Springers class I never read one required reading book but after her class I couldn't get enough to read.  She was my support system at Byrd and I would not have been able to make it through with out her. She let me cry in her room when my mom was sick and she was my escape from a certain individual who will remain nameless and for that I am forever grateful. I will love on my kids and be their rock like Ms. Springer.

5. Barnhill- Barnhill taught me sophomore history.  Her and Springer were besties therefore we became really close as well.  Barnhill taught me that I can do anything I put my mind too.   She taught me that I can spell and how to take notes like a college student.  I fell that because of Barnhill's class I was ready for college. She was another great support system to have at Byrd and I am so grateful God put her in my life.  I will challenge my kids like Mrs. Barnhill.

These five women were my teachers but little do they know they changed my life.  I hope to take a little piece of each of them into my classroom and love my students like they loved me. I pray I can make the  difference in someones life like they made in mine.

I love yall,
amber

No comments:

Post a Comment