Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Another Milestone....the Invites

Another Milestone has been achieved.. We have put in the design for the invites and now we are just waiting to approve the proof and then the invites go into the printing process.  I decided a long time ago to design my own invitations because I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for in any of those giant books.

We went to City Printing, where we are ordering the invitations from about a month ago and got a quote but I haven't been back to Shreveport to finalize all the details.  I knew that Andrew and I were going into Shreveport on Sunday for my birthday and decided that I wasn't coming back to Ruston until we had the invitations ordered.  Andrew has class on Monday therefore our appointment was at the crack of dawn: 7:45.  Here we are in the car waiting for my mom.


When we went inside we saw a very cute white haired man that I knew had to be Mr. Norwood.  He was one of my Poppy's best friends.  I know that he is looking down on us and so excited for Andrew and I to start this adventure together and He is even happier that I am giving his bestie some business.


After Mom and Mr. Norwood caught up, Sarah came into help us with all the invitation details. I thought I was so organized and had everything I needed together. We had finalized the wording on Sunday and we had already picked the design but boy was I wrong. There are so many other little details that I didn't even think about but that goodness for Sarah because she was a huge help. 


Andrew was really into ordering invitations which is so evident in this picture.




Here I am with my Mom after the invitation ordering is over.  She was such a huge help and I am so grateful to have her at all of these meetings.  I know Andrew is really grateful for her too because if she is there he gets to play games on his phone.

Now we just have to wait for the finial design and then to the printing press they go!  I am planning on signing off on the proof on November 9th! Then we could have them the end of November, beginning of December and we can get everything together to go out the beginning of January. Wow time is flying by!

I want to leave you with a picture that has nothing to do with ordering invitations but it is to good not to share.  On Sunday, I celebrated my birthday with my family in Shreveport. Lisa and Dale came over and we all rolled sushi which was a blast and I FINALLY got granny to eat some.  I knew no one would believe me so I documented it.



Tonight I get to go over to Andrew's parents to Celebrate my birthday which will be really fun! Happy Tuesday
xoxo, 
the engaged couple


No comments:

Post a Comment