Monday, October 29, 2012

I just love weddings and birthdays

We had a very busy week last week.  It was my birthday week which meant it was a very fun week but it was very busy!

Morgan and Graham, some of Andrew and I's good friends got married this past weekend.  Graham is Andrew's friend from the fraternity and I met Morgan through Sigma Kappa and our major, we were both PK3.  They have been dating since high school and got engaged about 6 months ago.  Andrew was a groomsmen therefore we got to attend all the festivities!

They had a very fun wedding weekend that started at the old Historic Fire Station for the rehearsal dinner. Andrew and I are having our rehearsal dinner there too so it was really fun to see how they set up the space.  The food was delicious and the MOH and Best Man did a great job with their speeches. After the rehearsal the groomsmen went out and the bridesmaids went back to the hotel to get their beauty sleep.  On Saturday, the boys had lunch at Squire before getting ready and taking pictures.  Morgan and Graham did a first look and took all their pictures before the ceremony.  They had a small ceremony which was held at the Temple Baptist Chapel and a large reception held at Ruston Country Club.  The reception was indoor/outdoor and I spent most of my time on the dance floor with Vic and Jessica.  Overall it was a great day and I hope it was everything that both of them dreamed of.

Here we are at the rehearsal Dinner...sorry I didn't take any pictures at the wedding :(



I think wedding are so fun especially since I will be having our own in a few short months.  It's great to see other peoples ideas and decided what we like and didn't like to assure our day is perfect for us.

While Andrew was busy with wedding stuff I got to celebrate my little babe's 2nd birthday.  I can't believe that Kate turned two.  I remember when Jodi told me she was pregnant and Andrew thought I had lost my mind because I stated jumping up and down on campus.  The Wood's have been such a blessing in my life these past four years and I am so lucky to have them in my life.

Kate's birthday party theme was Tutu and Toes and couldn't have turned out any cuter.  It was such a fun time celebrating with them and I loved my pink nail polish party favor. I forgot I was waring a tutu and went to auto zone after the party....they take me .1% seriously for simply being a girl but .000001% seriously for being a girl in a tutu...yay me for not looking down at my outfit.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week coming up!
Happy Monday
xoxo,
the engaged couple

No comments:

Post a Comment