Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fall is coming! Fall is coming!

I hope you are reading this title in your best Paul Revere impersonation. I know it may not feel like fall in the least bit outside but football season is quickly approaching and nothing says fall in the south like a little collage game day.

I remember growing up waiting for that day in August when that purple and gold envelope would arrive at the house via UPS. In my most dramatic voice (usually waring my LSU cheerleading outfit even though my dream was to be a Golden Girl) I would announce to my Dad that the season tickets had arrived and I was ready for my first game.

I have grown up watching and loving the game: yelling at the TV with your Dad when your growing up creates a bond that is irreplaceable. And going to the games with your family,tailgating all day, sitting on your dads shoulders waiting for the band to come down,  sitting in that stadium watching your team can not even be described. I think no matter the team your watching, when you grow up doing it....it's just in your blood, your heart.

My dad's heart broke a little bit 6 years ago when I chose LA Tech even though he will never admit it. He will also never admit that he liked LA Tech much better just because of the distance but thats beside the point.

Today I felt like that little girl in August. We received this in the mail from Andrew's dad.

Inside it had a plethora of goodies...




So although the team has changed the feeling hasn't. Yes, I can no longer sit on my dad's shoulders to watch the band but I can be home with my family, tailgate, and cheer on my team. The arrival of the goodies brings a rush of old memories and a flutter in my heart knowing new memories are soon to be made.

Hopefully we have a successful year but if not it's ok...I will still love my bulldogs!  Everyone hop over here and see what Tim Brando has to say about games this Saturday. Personally I can't wait to watch #7 on top games to watch on Saturday.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday; I'm going to go call my dad now...this post has me feeling sentimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment