Thursday, August 29, 2013

Maroon....I DON'T OWN MAROON!

After yesterday's post I hope everyone understand how much I love college football! This year I am blessed enough to attend one of the fist college games (#8 on Time Brando's top 10 games to watch): Mississippi State vs. #13 Oklahoma State. It is this Saturday at 2 but the best part is that the game is in Houston! Andrew's cousins (more like brothers), Price and Jesse, both went to Mississippi State so when we found out the game was in Houston we knew it would be the best excuse for everyone to come for a visit.  The whole Donahoo clan will take Houston by storm on Friday and will keep the party rolling through the holiday weekend! 

Andrew and I have been counting down the days until they arrive for what seems like months now. I was so very excited until last week when we got THE text message from Jesse -- "I hope you have your maroon ready!"

I froze in our living room and started going through my closet rolodex in my brian. Then in a slew of curse words I realized the only thing maroon I own is a pair of jeans and lets be honest it is way to hot for jeans. Panic set it... I knew Mary Margaret and Laurel were going to look so cute and I didn't want to stick out. I mean they both went to State so I know their closets are full of cute maroon dresses and game day attire. Panic is in full blown, melt down mode at this moment! Andrew assured me that I could find something in my closet but when my reaction wasn't the best he quickly reassured me he was "sure somewhere in The Woodlands had something we [could] buy!" My man knows me so well.  

We had a busy weekend which didn't leave much time for shopping and so Monday was the perfect day. I had a doctor's appointment and then was determined to find something maroon.  I went to Marshalls Home Goods and got to work.  I honestly found some of the cutest things.  I walked away with some maroon items but also a pair of Michael Kors skinny jeans, 3 shirts (that aren't maroon), some halloween cocktail napkins, and a mercury glass pumpkin -- I know it's a hodgepodge of items but the bottom fell out when I was shopping so I had to pass the time till the rain stopped somehow.

Yesterday I rounded out the outfits with some jewelry from Charming Charlie and spent the day putting things together. Here are the options:


Option One:
    - I already owned the tank top -- Target
                                       black skirt -- Forever21 
                                       cowboy boots -- Cavenders -- Ariat
    - Shear Shirt -- Marshalls -- 12.99
    - Gold and Red Necklace -- Charming Charlie -- 13.00
    - Gold Necklace -- Charming Charlie --  13.00


 Option Two:
    - I already owned the black skirt -- Forever21 
                                       cowboy boots -- Cavenders -- Ariat
    - Maroon Shirt -- Marshalls -- 9.99
    - Gold Necklace -- Charming Charlie --  13.00


 Option Three:
    - I already owned the white lace dress -- Target 
                                       cowboy boots -- Cavenders -- Ariat
    - Gold and Red Necklace -- Charming Charlie --  13.00
    - Gold Necklace --  Charming Charlie --  13.00


I think I have three pretty solid choices that look really cute on AND that didn't break our bank.  I think the key to planning outfits is to add a little new to a little old.  It's a way to update your wardrobe (or get ready for a football game) on a budget!

Now to the hard part -- deciding. So what's your favorite look...One, Two or Three?



No comments:

Post a Comment