Friday, August 30, 2013

H54F # 1

Today I am doing my very first link up ever!  For those of you who have found my little blog through the link-up WELCOME; I am so excited you have stopped by. A little background on the blog is I started it when I got engaged to keep the family up-to-date on all the plans and it has really just evolved.   I hope you like what you see and come back and visit again soon!

For those of you that have no idea what H54F (High five for Friday) is it is all about taking a quick glance and your week and remembering your favorite parts.

So here we go...


1. We had such a great time hanging out with both of my cousins and their babes this weekend. It is so fun to be around all the kiddos but it makes Andrew and I very glad we don't have any of our own just yet! I love that we share the same love for Mexican and I can always count on a Guadalajara trip when they are in town (trips to Guadalajara will ALWAYS  make my top 5 list!!)

2. It was the first time for us to have friends over to dinner since we moved to Texas. I loved getting to bust out all our wedding gifts, even the good napkins!  The boys were very nervous to use the napkins at first but I assured them that wiping messy hands are just what they are meant for! I mean that's why washing machines were invented...right?!

3. After all the texts and comments on facebook and instagram  I think choice two is the winner, winner, chicken dinner! I feel so relived that a decision has been made and I can't wait to wear it tomorrow. I promise to post a picture so you can see the look on!

4. I am very proud of these social media icons. I downloaded them for free here and then hoped over here for the best instructions on how to make them work!  The email one is still being difficult but I think my blog has come a long way these last few weeks

5. Chocolate Bark is like a little taste of Heaven. I am a sweet lover for sure and there are not may sweets I won't eat, but this stuff is just delicious. The Smith's had it at their house and it's like an air filled crisp brownie; ok I know it sounds strange but it is hard to explain. All I do know is I could have eaten my weight in this stuff and will be finding out the recipe asap.  When I do I promise I will share it because everyone should experience this chocolate bark at least once in your life.

 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png


Thanks Meg for encouraging me to link up! Happy Friday Everyone!


2 comments:

  1. YAY first link up!!!!
    I am so bummed we couldn't make it on Tuesday! Guess that is just an excuse to get together another time!!!

    HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah to joining your very first link up! I love them!
    Stopping by from H54F!
    Come link up with us! Would love to have you follow along
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete