Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Family...

When I found out we were moving I had this idealistic idea of what it was going to be like. We were going to get in the car, drive down to The Woodlands find our dream rental house in one weekend then return to Ruston to finish packing up all our belongs. Well things did not work out that way.

We came down and met with a realtor and thought we found our dream town home but the more we thought about it the more we decided we are not really town home people. Andrew could not stop thinking about the three kids we were going to share our master bedroom wall with and trying to move our furniture up not one but two flights of stairs, with a landing and I could not stop thinking about the lack of parking when we had guest over. Although it's only just the two of us and Lilly we like space, we have the furniture and were both used to a good size home. So although our realtor was aggravated we wanted to keep looking and look at some houses that were in our budget.

We returned to Ruston, disappointed but hopeful we could come down another weekend a find our dream home for real this time.  Well things just don't happen as planned.  The Woodlands, the area we moved into, is really booming right now. Big companies are moving in which is really affecting the housing market, rental properties are gone the day they are put on the market and it was near impossible to find something 5 hours away. By the time we found the home, looked at the pictures and planned a weekend trip to come down it was gone. If we had to we could have done a video tour and rented something without even seeing it first but Andrew and I just weren't comfortable with that especially when we a place we could stay.

My Aunt Harriet and Uncle Steve have lived in The Woodlands my entire life. They moved here before I was even born from Lafayette and have been here ever sense. I have always been very close with them; we vacationed with them and their two girls (my cousins who are more like sisters and who I have often talked about on the blog) and always dis the holidays together.  It's a running joke that I am my Aunt's third daughter that she never had: we're just a close family and very lucky.

A little flashback photo

Well...They have a beautiful home with 3 empty bedrooms upstairs that they kept saying we were welcome to just incase.  Now when your family offers you to stay with them you can't say yes...I mean they probably really don't want you there they just have to offer because they are your family but my Aunt and Uncle are different: they really meant it. So like total loons we finally said ok, after loosing the 5th rental house we like, packed all our belongs, moved them into a storage unit, and moved in with The Wilson's.

I promised we wouldn't be there long and actively went on the house hunt. I was so lucky that my cousin, Rachel, and Aunt Harriett were in town to help me look a different properties while Andrew worked.  We only looked at houses one day and our fifth and final house was a winner.  It was in a great area, towards the front which is where we wanted to be to help cut down on Andrew's commute, had a fenced yard for Lil and my dinning room table would fit!  We all loved it but I wanted the OK from Andrew. I called him 15 times and when I couldn't get him I told our realtor, "well take it!"

We turned in our application that day and later found out that 3 other applications were on the table.  Keep in mid that the property came on the market THAT DAY! We found out two days later that we got the house and we got the keys June 15th.  It was awesome to have our own place but a little bitter sweet not to just be right upstairs from two people I love dearly.

We are so grateful for all the help that my Aunt Harriett and Uncle Steve have given us these last few months. I have loved all the dinner dates, shopping trips, and vet recommendations. I can't wait for those to come in the future.  Andrew and I love you both so much and can't thank you enough.

Andrew and I are both so lucky to have families that love and care about us so much that they are always willing to help and support us.

We can't wait to make more memories...



xoxo
am

No comments:

Post a Comment