Saturday, August 31, 2013

Welcome to Texas

Well I haven't done a room reveal this week so here we go.

The first impression of our house was a little blah. It was a cute house but needed a little pizzazz; everything was just so white. Don't get me wrong white can be amazing and clean looking but our white was just dirty. My inner DIYer started yelling PAINT, PAINT, PAINT so thats exactly what I decided to do!

Like the start of all DIY projects I turned to pinterest and google for some inspiration. I knew I wanted some sort of blue I just wasn't sure if I wanted something on the darker or the brighter side of the spectrum. I dragged Andrew to Lowes after church on Sunday (something that is becoming a weekly date) and picked a few color swatches.  I was trying to get some help from the him but his suggestions were, Camo, Tech Bulldog, Bright Red, and an American flag: None of these suggestions went with my vision so I quickly allowed him to wander and look at something else while I chose 3 or 4 color options.

I started by taping color swatches to the door and that just wasn't cutting it. I couldn't stand at the street and get the real idea of what the door would look like with a one by one square taped to the it.
So I took a leap...I picked my favorite color, bought a quart of it and wished for the best because I painted it directly on the door then stepped back to admire my work.

The hubby didn't even notice until I pointed the color change out but when he gave me the ok I got busy painting the rest of it this beautiful turquoise color.




Overall I love the way it turned out. Much happier, brighter, and our style!


No comments:

Post a Comment